Welcome To The Cinematic Adventure!

This is the movie related blog by Iain Boulton. You may know him as the partner in crime to Byron "Afro Film Viewer" Pitt on Cinematic Dramatic.

The following blog posts are his occasional movie musings, thoughts, reviews and odd points of view from someone involved in various cinematic aspects with movies.

Monday 22 November 2010

Blogging Beginings

Hullo all, Iain here.

I thought it was finally time to launch my own movie related blog. I know what you're thinking - "As if we have enough movie blogs out there already!". Well, yes, yes there are. But since my partner in cinematic crime Mr Byron Pitt has his own little successful blog here. So why not? You may find we sometimes share different points of cinematic view.

Like, for example, I'll watch something a bit generic like a stupid straight to DVD epic masterpiece of crap like Submerged (Steven Seagal, Vinnie Jones, mind control, and a submarine to sum it up quickly if you haven't heard of it). Byron will go nowhere near it. Not even with a stick. Not even if was 25p second hand. That's how I watched Christopher Walken's bizarre men on a mission film, McBain. But I digress...

Under normal circumstances, when I decide to make such a viewing choice, Byron will usually shake his head in shamed dissapointment. Following which he will question my use of time, how much I spent on it if I purchased said title and why haven't I watched anything else that's actually good. Most of which can be also listened to on Cinematic Dramatic.

I can't blame him. He has a usual high taste and standard for cinematic morsels like Billy Wilder films, Werner Herzog to name a few. He's elegant with his film choices.

If I'm bored stupid I could watch anything...the shame of it.

That's part of the usual banter on the movie podcast we do at least every week, within reason. Haven't heard it? Take a listen here to the latest episodes.

So, to sum it up in a nutshell. I'm here to offer my movie views, nothing more, nothing less. I like watching films, lots of them and I like to talk about the good and the bad.

Enjoy

Iain "Genre-Giant" Boulton

No comments:

Post a Comment